Quality Learning and Teaching

Just another Edublogs.org weblog

My blogging story

January7

I’ve always seen the potential of blogging, particularly in the field of education, however, I have not always been able to utilise it to its full extent. One of my issues, I believe, is that I haven’t been clear about my purpose and as I commence this blogging project I will need to revisit my purpose. I have just retired but during my career in education I utilised blogs as a group learning tool and set up a number of blogs for my students to share and connect with others. I would however, like to continue my learning in education and contribute to discussions and learning of others. I believe blogging is a way that I could do this. My particular interests are the connection of learning to sport and systems thinking in relation to education and the empowerment of learners. #EdublogsClub 1: My Blog Story

by posted under EdublogsClub | 5 Comments »    
5 Comments to

“My blogging story”

1. January 9th, 2017 at 7:00 am       Sue Waters Says:

Hi Cath

Welcome to the Edublogs Club!

Sorry for causing confusion with leaving a comment on the Edublogger post. You had left the comment on the right post. We have to moderate all comments on the Edublogger to minimize risk of spam comments. We approve the comments in batches.

You may also want to check out the Student blogging challenge ( http://studentchallenge.edublogs.org/ ). It runs twice yearly for 10 weeks and Sue Wyatt is always looking for mentors to help her.

The Edublogs Club and the student blogging challenge would both be good ways to revisit blogging.

@suewaters

2. January 9th, 2017 at 7:16 am       cathtemple Says:

Thank you Sue. I will certainly explore the student edublog site.

3. January 9th, 2017 at 9:09 am       Alicia Says:

It’s exactly like writing an essay for me (except blogging is a bit more fun) to always revisit your purpose and be strategic in your writing so that you get your message out.

4. January 10th, 2017 at 12:14 am       Sue Says:

Hi Cath,
    I am like you – a retired teacher but I am now doing more blogging than ever before mainly because I am doing it about my passions – family history, travelling and photography.

As Sue mentioned in her comment, I also run a student blogging challenge with the next one starting in March 2017. It would be great if you could join us as a mentor.

It took a while to settle into a routine of sorts after retiring but blogging was there at the forefront.

5. January 17th, 2017 at 6:40 am       cathtemple Says:

Hi Sue

I will be away in April but if that wouldn’t impact the challenge I would be glad to be part of it.

thanks

Cath

Email will not be published

Website example

Your Comment:

Skip to toolbar